Friday, May 25, 2012

Sketch 38

Oh my! I had so much fun with the next sketch on my list. You will find sketch 38 here. I did several cards with this sketch and used two pieces of 12x12 paper out of my stash. Yay! I'm two pieces closer to being able to buy more paper lol. So here we go.
The first two have a cute little freebie on them. It's colored with Copics. To make the pattern on them, I simply used my Copic Colorless Blender. The sentiment is from one the Hero Arts OWH sets. There's a bit of Glossy Accents added to make them shine a bit.


These next two have another freebie, also colored with Copics. I added some Glossy Accents to the hearts. The first sentiment is, again, a Hero Arts OWH set and the second sentiment is DeNami.

For this one, I used the princess bobblehead from Bugaboo. These are so adorable that I think I have more printed out than I could ever use. This time I layered the background strips in black to make them stand out a bit more. To be honest, I didn't even think about it before I got to this card and it was too late to go back and redo the other ones lol. She is colored with Copics, the sentiment is Hero Arts again, and there's more Glossy Accents. I added some bling to her crown and she turned out so pretty.


Finally, I used a MelonHeadz (I think) freebie on the last card. It was already colored which is always a plus. I can totally see a parent sending this to one of their children. There's a bit of Glossy Accents on the ice cubes.

I really enjoy this sketch as you can see. Is there a sketch you really enjoy working with?
As a little side note, the bling on the first three cards came from this:


I found this big and, I think, gaudy leaf/branch thing in the clearance bin at Ben Franklin. There is no way I'd use the whole thing on a card or scrapbook page, but when I saw it I could easily picture deconstructing it and using bits and pieces on lots of projects. Does this ever happen to you?

Enjoy your day!
Cherie





1 comment:

  1. Hi Cherie! Love your cards - the striped background strips look awesome! The images are so cute, gotta love Dustin Pike. I think I have that first image somewhere in my Freebie files, it looks so much better colored! Great job on them all.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!