Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let's Fly Away

Today is the second Saturday of the month and that means a new challenge over on Crafty Contagion. This time we're being challenged to "Take a Flying Leap!" All you need to do is make a project with something that flies. It can be anything from a bat to a fairy to a hang glider. What can you come up with?

Here's my interpretation:


My Cuttlebug was very handy on this one. I embossed the background and the clouds. I dragged a Studio G white ink pad over the background because the sky was too impossibly blue. Then I used Momento London Fog to add some color to the clouds. Living here in Washington, we tend to have more grey clouds than white! The airplane chickies are from DeNami. I colored them with Copics, cut them out and added some clear Stickles. The clouds are layered three times to give them some depth and the planes are popped with dimensional adhesive. I left a sentiment off of this one so I can put it my stash for an emergency.

Now go take a flying leap!
Cherie

2 comments:

  1. Liking this embossing folder. I feel the clouds floating in the sky. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the love commemts. To answer your question. the #13 card is blue, and it is pattern paper. The details are on my blog above the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherie! You won the candy on my blog! If you send me an e-mail with your address, I'll get the prize to you ASAP. kbelmonte2 AT washcoll DOT edu. :)

    P.S. I always tell myself to start an emergency card stash, then I just send everything to OWH anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!