Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Resolution Continues...

One of my resolutions this year is to empty out a box of cards that need re-vamping. (To see the box, look here.) Most of them just have a single embellishment slapped on and it was called good. Wow! I have learned so much since those days. I can't believe I used to send cards like that to family and friends. Last night I spent a few hours working on the box. I have four of them for you today.


This card started out with just the ribbon and buckle on grey paper. I added a birthday digi one of my friends gave me and layered it a few times. I love the bottom layer. It's such pretty silver paper. The only problem with it is that it's so thin I have to double it. The layers were all done with my Cuttlebug. A few dabs with a Pearl Pen and the card is looking much better.


Here's another one. It originally had the embellishment placed in the lower right hand corner on the green card base. I found some matching blue paper in my stash and Cuttlebugged it with the Spots and Dots folder then used my white pen to color in a few random spots and/or dots. I edged the blue on the embellishment with a bit of white ink. This is definitely a card I would send to someone I know.


This one started out with just the friends sentiment on it. Sigh. What was I thinking? I actually did this one twice. The first attempt I added the DeNami layered chickies and the two stones on each side. Then, while looking at the picture to download it, it just wasn't quite enough. So I deconstructed it again and added the ribbon. Ribbon does so much to dress up a card!


I didn't do much to this card. I love the design of the stamp. The top image is stamped on glossy paper so the ink is a slightly different color than the background. All I did was add some black Pearl Pen to the ends of the curls. It's my version of CAS.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!