Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long weekends and Brother's birthday

Wow! What a long weekend it was. I'm actually relieved it's over. I took Friday off so I would have a four day weekend. We found out a few days before that my hubby was headed to work in Alaska for six months on Tuesday (today), so I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could. It was a crazy, busy weekend! We had so much to buy to get him ready to leave. Add in everyone that wanted to see him before he left and we were exhausted by the time Tuesday rolled around. We had fun together, though. We even saw a local landmark that neither of us have seen before. That's right...I've lived here 42 years and have never visited the Fremont Troll!

Isn't that troll cute in an ugly kind of way? No, I didn't think so, either lol. But it was fun getting to see it in person after all the news blips I've seen over the years. He's just hidden under the bridge, patiently waiting for who knows what!

This weekend was also my brother's birthday. I love teasing him about getting old since he's older than me. Unfortunately, I'm starting to get as much grey hair as he is. Yikes! He has always been a fan of soccer and both of us played it for years, so his birthday card needed to be soccer-themed.

The image is from The Greeting Farm, Soccer Ian. I colored him with Copics and layered him on some brown papers. I finally have some brown paper after hitting the closing sale at Paper Zone in Tacoma. I snatched up some other cool stuff, too, that I'm sure will make an appearance later. The small square studs at the bottom are from Michael's and added some fun googlie eyes. On the inside, I stamped Happy Birthday with a DeNami stamp. The ball is covered in glossy accents. It was fun to make my big brother his birthday card.

Thanks for looking!
Cherie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!