Monday, August 22, 2011

Dahlia Fold

Here's my first attempt at doing the dahlia fold for a card. I didn't realize it would turn out to be quite so big, but I like it. I'm not sure I want to attempt doing this with smaller circles. My fingers felt clumsy enough as it was! I found the tutorial for it on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog. They have such a wide variety of amazing tutorials over there.



The patterned paper is Glimpses by SignifyPink. The pink background paper is from my stash and I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The sentiment is from the SU! set Wonderful Words rounded with a corner rounder. In the middle is a half round acrylic crystal I found at Craft Warehouse in Yakima a few weeks ago. I got a big bag of about 500 for $4. If you tip your head just right, you can see the black cardstock base.

I'm off to try some smaller circles. Wish me luck!

Cherie

1 comment:

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!