Friday, January 11, 2013

Clean and Simple

Today I have a super simple CAS card for you that happens to fit the OWH MWT. It only uses one stamp and one ink. I didn't have any plans to make a card like this, but I was at a friend's house and finished the projects I took with me. I happened to have my Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree set and my Encore Metallic Silver ink pad as well as some black cardstock.

I stamped the image a few times to make the scene. Then using the tip of a pen tapped onto the ink pad, I made the "stars." I was thinking of adding a "popped" tree to give it dimension, but I was vetoed by everyone else there lol.

 
Have you ever sat down without any idea in your head and had something amazing come out of it?
 
Cherie

3 comments:

  1. This is an amazing card- so clean and elegant- and I agree- it does not need anything popped up or anything else at all! Love the idea of adding the stars! I can see someone making a wish on one of them! and honestly- while I like a lot of my creations- I don't ever have anything truly amazing come out-- still waiting for it to happen- lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherie,

    What a beautiful card! Love the simplicity and elegance of the single stamped image.

    LOL about not having an idea in my head and have something amazing happen anyway. What usually happens for me is that the image in my head gets totally changed during the card-making process -- and sometimes really good things happen. :)

    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Sometimes my best cards come out of an empty head!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!