Friday, September 2, 2011

Howdy!

I can't believe it's September already! Where did summer go? Oh, that's right. We only had a few weeks of summer here. I shouldn't complain, though, because when the sun is shining, this is the most beautiful place in the world! I'm hoping we have a nice warm September. We'll see.

I took a beginning Copic coloring class at Impress last Saturday with my mom. I can't say I learned a whole lot since I've been playing with them for awhile now. I did learn about some good papers to use. After the class, I was ready to tackle this stamp set I've had for a few weeks. It's called Howdy by Hero Arts. It only has three stamps in it, but it was so cute that I couldn't resist it.

I've done three different colors so far. I can't decide which one is my favorite. They're all cute in their own way.


I first stamped the cowgirl, then masked her and stamped the cacti. I wanted to do more than simply having her standing next to a single cactus. I used cardstock from my stash and the white is GP. There's no bling or ribbon added. I figured that might overshadow the girl. I decided to put the sentiment on the outside since these will most likely go to Operation Write Home.

Thanks for taking a look,
Cherie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!