Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sketches 39-43

Here are a few more S&S sketches I've been working on. Let's jump right in, shall we?

Sketch 39 is first on the list. The kites are from Hero Arts OWH Righ At Home set. I didn't color them because there is so much color and busy-ness from the background paper. The sentiment is DeNami.

For sketch 40, I used some patterned scraps and a bit of ribbon to cover where the papers meet. My first thought was to make it a masculine card, but my purple ink was screaming to be used. In order to keep it happy, I used it with this great Inkadinkado stamp. Four little dabs of silver Pearl Pen complete the look.


Next is sketch 41. I used one of the new stamps I picked up at the rubber stamp and paper show last weekend by Endless Creations. I spent way too much money at their booth but it was worth it! The background is actually a card from one of those boxes you can buy at Joann's. You know the ones, they have about 100 cards in them and are usually lots of different patterns. I came across a few I had leftover when I was looking for something else the other day. I didn't want anything that would detract from the sentiment. A few lines of Baker's Twine and presto...a card.

Let's move on to sketch 42. The card base is another one from that big box. The sentiment comes from Endless Creations. At first I put some Pearl Pen in the corners, but it didn't give enough pow. So I added pearls to the middle of the Pearl Pen and it looked a lot better.


Last but not least for today is sketch 43. These are both new stamps from Endless Creations. I simply couldn't resist the image stamp and the sentiment was meant to go with a couple of mummy stamps I have, but it went well with this, I think. The image is colored with Copics and has touches of Glossy Accents. The layering paper pattern is shiny bronze and gives it an extra bit of pizzazz.


That's all for today, everyone. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog!

Cherie









1 comment:

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!