Friday, March 1, 2013

Scraps!

I had a craft date with a dear friend on Wednesday and she challenged me to use only my scraps. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against scraps. But to use ONLY scraps? For an entire day? She had to be crazy! I accepted her challenge and loaded up my scraps into two separate two gallon zip lock bags: one for solid and one for patterned. It turns out I have way more solid scraps than I do patterned. That's probably because I've started using an entire sheet of 12x12 before moving on to the next one...most of the time lol.

Anyway, she got 16 cards from her scraps and I got 17 done. And you know what? It was a blast! I got twice as many cards made than I usually do when we get together for the day. I also felt way more creative. So...for the next several posts, I'll be showcasing the cards I made.

These three cards all use OWH bonus sketch 3. I liked how the first one turned out so I made a few more with different colors. All three use SU patterned papers, but the black/white stripe is from my nameless stash. The bases are all Bazzill and the black layers are basic black cardstock. The sentiment is from Studio G and cut with Nesties. 

 
 
 
I hope you have a happy day!
 
Cherie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!