Monday, September 12, 2011

VCMP Challenge #10, #11, #12

Challenge 10 over at Tinkerin In Ink made me ponder for a bit. It's another first for me: a color challenge. Here we go!

First...my card:


I think it was the blue that threw me off. I don't have a light blue in my stash (Hard to believe, huh?), so I went with the closest I had. The best way I could figure to get all four colors in was to do some layering. The patterned paper is Basic Grey that I got on clearance when the closest Paper Zone to me closed. I was so sad! However, now the closest one is only a block or two from Impress Rubber Stamps. That grey cloud certainly had a silver lining.

But I digress. The sentiment is from Hero Arts set Take Good Care Greetings. I kept the design simple. Those seem to be the ones I gravitate towards.

Next we pop over to visit The Sparkle Within. Her challenge is 11th on our list and is CAS. CAS means clean and simple. I enjoyed this one. I had the perfect focal point!

Here's the card:


I love this smiley. It's one of the dollar ones from Michaels. I first had it mounted on white, but it looked kind of creepy and I wasn't going for the Halloween look! So I ripped it off and put it on black. Much better lol. At first I stamped the background with grey happy faces from the SU! Smiles, but it was very distracting. So I flipped it over and used VersaMark embossing ink to make it lighter. The same set also has the sentiment in it. A few runs with some Nestabilites through the Cuttlebug and presto! That grey paper is actually silver. It's doubled because it is so thin. Just looking at it makes me smile.

Zooming over to our next challenge (that's 12 for those of you keeping track), we find ourselves visiting Tami's Craft Connection. The challenge is to make a Daddy's Child card. That's a card a dad can send to his girl or boy back home.

The card I came up with:


It looks a bit busy with all the ruffles and I admit I might have gotten a little carried away. But it looks so perfect for a little princess, don't you think?

I've had these Disney princess stickers since my favorite little girl became a grown up 5 year old and had a princess party that called for a princess card. They quickly became buried on my table and I had to search for awhile to find them. I put Ariel on white to help her stand out from all of the patterns. We don't want her getting lost in the ruffles! I enjoyed using some of my patterned paper scraps. I've started tossing most of my scraps in the recycle bin, but I still have some tucked in my file folders full of paper.

Whew! Only four challenges left to go. How far have you gotten?

Cherie

3 comments:

  1. Great cards! I am off to check out the challenges link:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry I could not get Inlinkz to work & I tried reposting 3 times. Your card is great. (Little Mermaid is my daughter's favorite Disney movie and she is getting married this Saturday so seeing Ariel brought tears to my eyes. Sappy mom....) You will be entered in the drawing. Thanks for participating and for letting me know you did. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cherie, it's me again. Sandy sent me a new code for the inlinkz button and it's working YAY! Would you mind coming back and posting your sweet Ariel card. If you don't want to bother that's OK.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!