Sunday, September 11, 2011

VCMP Challenge #4: Pick one and Challenge #5: Falling for You

This is a bit long, so take a deep breath and go for it!

It's day two of the VCMP over at the Stars & Stamps blog. There were eight challenges yesterday, but I only got through three of them. It's time for me to get moving!

In order to do a little catching up, I only did one card for the next two challenges. I actually did challenge 4 last night, but had already shut the computer down for the day so I didn't get it posted. So, let's go...

Here is my card for Challenge 4: Pick One. You can check it out on Julie's blog as well. She challenged us to pick a number then use a sketch from the S&S blog that matches that number. I chose the number 6. I was so glad I picked a low number so I didn't have to scroll through all of them lol.


I've been thinking about tags for a few days, so this was a perfect sketch! I tried three new techniques on this card. The first one is the background paper. I inked up my embossing folder from Sizzix then put my paper in it and ran it through my Cuddlebug. It was a bit messy, but I love how it turned out, even if I did manage to cover most of it up. The clean up of the folder was easy, I simply ran it under the faucet.

The second technique was making my own pocket. It took a bit of thinking on my part. After all, it was late and I was tired. But I managed to make one without any template. It was easy once I realized I needed to leave extra paper to create the flaps to fold under. The last new thing I tried is on the pocket. I ran it through my Cuddlebug with the same Sizzix folder as the background paper. This time, I didn't ink the folder. I dabbed my ink pad over it after it was embossed. I like how it looks. I'll be trying this one again.

The stamp on the tag is from SU! Too Terrific Tags. The red squares are popped with Scotch dimensional adhesive. I already had all of the papers.

My card for Challenge 5: Falling for You follows the same lines as my last one:


The only reason I can think of doing two love type cards in a row is that I'm anxiously waiting for my hubby to come home from Alaska. He's been gone since May and won't be back for another couple of months. This card will go to OWH, but the first one will be mailed to him. Anyway...it's hard to tell but I scored the red paper so the ribbon fits in the middle of the score lines. I ran the ribbon through my printer and it reads "Falling for You."

The theme didn't have to be exactly Falling for You, but it fit my frame of mind. The stamp is from Savvy Stamps. I originally purchased it to use on our wedding invitations, but we ended up going in a different direction. I love all those Xs and Os used to make a heart. I matted it a few times then used Scotch dimensional adhesive to pop it off the card.

I have a feeling I'll be using a lot of red and black in the upcoming months. I got huge reams of both colors on sale at Paper Zone.

I'm off to the next challenges. Have a wonderful day!

Cherie

3 comments:

  1. Cherie,

    I love both of your cards. And, I can only imagine how anxious you are for him to come home. He will certainly cherish the card being sent to him.

    Thanks for sharing your interpretation of "Falling for You."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Cherie! I hope for a safe and speedy return for your husband, and I'm sure he'll love that card. Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!