Saturday, June 9, 2012

Look...it's not a card!

This week, over at Crafty Contagion, it's anything but a card time! I get so used to making cards that sometimes it's hard to think of what I would make instead of a card lol. I managed to make a couple of things, though. Both of these are quick and easy and would make great gifts.

The first one is a 3x3 Post It note cover. I know at first glance it looks like a card, but open it up and it has a Post It pad tucked inside. Everything I used to make this is from Stampin' Up! except the crimper I used for the leaves. The measurements were easy. All I did was measure the pad and add 1/4" to all sides except the top. I adhered the pad with a strip of Scor-Tape on the back of the bottom sheet to make sure it stayed secure.



The second little project is something you could keep a couple of in your desk at work with different sentiments stamped on them like thank you, happy birthday, etc. All the items I used are Stampin' Up! even the ribbon. There is a sentiment on both sides and tucked inside the triangle are a few Hershey's Kisses. I need to cut the paper a smidge bigger next time since it was a very tight fit to get the bottom to stay together.




Have you made anything lately that isn't a card? Give it a try...it was a blast! Enjoy your weekend!

Cherie




1 comment:

  1. Cute!!! Love the postit cover especially. Maybe I could make a GIRLY one that no one would steal off my desk at work!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!