Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Warm Thoughts

This card is much brighter in person. I'm not sure why the picture is so dark. But anyway...I made 17 of these for OWH. It was originally going to be a birthday card, but Sandy said she already has plenty of those! The idea for the layout can be found here.

I used two different Fiskars Dot Flourishes stamps to create the background and mounted it on black card stock which was then mounted on some teal Bazzill. The butterfly is done with a Marvy punch and edges with a black marker. The pearls on the butterfly were cannibalized from a very ugly leaf embellishment I got on clearance. The sentiment is Paper Smooches.

 
Have you ever looked an embellishment and thought, "I can cut it apart and use it for this and that and plenty of the other thing?"
 
Cherie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!