Monday, July 1, 2013

Kathryn's 6x6 Tutorial

One of the blogs I follow, Kathryn's Cards, posted a wonderful tutorial back in May. She took the time to figure out two different ways to cut some 6x6 papers and make several cards with a minimal amount of scraps. You can find her tutorial right here. The first time you do it, it take a little time to figure it all out, but once you have that first set of cards done, it goes so much faster. The first tutorial I did was the second one and it makes eight cards.

Here is what I came up with. I used a Doodlebug Sweet Cakes 6x6 pad that has 24 double-sided pages. All of the other papers are basic black and white card stock. The first card uses a Stampin' Up! stamp and the sentiment is A Muse. The silver embellies are JoAnn Craft Essentials. There are three of this card.

 
This one uses more JoAnn Craft Essentials embellies and another A Muse sentiment. There are two of this layout.
 
 
There is only one of this card. The sentiment/embellishment is from Michaels dollar bin. I used a white gel pen on the darker pink to make a border.
 
 
This last one (although there are two of them) has banners which I love! I added some American Crafts black brads and what I believe is a Studio G sentiment.
 
 
I'm looking forward to using this tutorial again as well as giving the other one a try. Are there any tutorials that have truly inspired you?
 
Cherie

 

2 comments:

  1. Cherie, this is a great collection of cards! I have a few of those rhinestone accents like you used on the third card. Now I know just which sketch I can use to showcase them. Thanks for sharing and for linking everyone over to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Cherie.
    I am working on Christmas cards following Kathryn's first 6 x 6 tutorial. I have used the Done with One by Seongsook to make 12 cards from one 12 x 12 DP.
    The done with one tutorials are so easy to follow I plan on using them often.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!