Friday, June 8, 2012

I did some CASEing

I'm finding Pinterest to be a great source when I have crafter's block. It's a wonderful place to gather ideas and find some amazing inspiration. These are cards I CASEd from some of the people I follow on Pinterest.

This is the card I made for my mom for her birthday. The DP is a 6x6 Authentique pad and I used the Swiss Dots EF for the background. That button has a pattern on the other side of it, but went to well with the papers that I needed to use the back of it.

For this one, I used SU Sprinkled Expressions for the stamp and sentiment. I stamped it three times without reinking to get the look. I used Nesties Labels 8 to cut it out and the Swiss Dots EF for the background. For the ink around the edges, a makeup sponge works great.

This is a birthday card I made for my cousin. The DP is Mango Mambo from SU as well as the sentiment and black ribbon. Yet again, I used the Swiss Dots EF for the background. I like it because it's bigger and can fit a piece of 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of paper without any problems.

I love the look of this card and the fact that I used scraps to make it. The Basic Grey DP has some blue in it so it's not completely monochromatic. The sentiment is from SU. To make the banner ends, I cut from the bottom up then from each corner to the top of the first cut. I don't have a square punch like so many people use to make the banner ends.


I hope this gives you some ideas for those times when nothing seems to help. Enjoy your day!

Cherie






No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!