Monday, September 2, 2013

OWH VCMP, Day 2

I hope everyone is enjoying all of the inspiration! I know I am and I'm looking forward to the challenges for day 2. Let's get started, shall we?

Challenge 6: This is a challenge we all know well, the Sunday sketch. The colored papers on this are Doodlebug, except for the grey which is DeNami. I used a random metal balloon embellishment I had in my stash. I didn't put a sentiment on it, so it can be used for any kind of celebration.

Challenge 7: This is a two part challenge, make a kid's card and follow the tic-tac-toe recipe. I chose things with wings, paper piecing and embossing. I used an adorable Fiskars penguin for my focal point. The scarf and boots are paper pieced from scraps and glued with Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive. The white is all SU Whisper White and the grey is DeNami. Everything is stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black. The embossing is the Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder gently tapped with an Encore Ultimate Metallic Silver.


Challenge 8: I really had to dig for some fall papers for this challenge. I used my last piece of "leaf" paper already. The patterned papers are all Colorbok. The SU sentiment is embossed in Recollections white. I used OWH sketch 186.


Challenge 9: This one calls for a bee and a "bee" sentiment. It was an easy choice since I only have one bee stamp from a Recollections set which I colored with Copics. The yellow papers are all from SU. I used the Cuttlebug Honeycomb embossing folder and typed the sentiment on the computer. The brads are by American Crafts.


Challenge 10: I loved this challenge, use the negative space of a die or punch, because I've had this idea in my head for awhile. The green stripe star is Colorbok and the red squares star is DCWV; all the stars were done with Nesties. All of the other papers are from my card stock stash. Both sentiments are Paper Smooches, the one on green is embossed with Recollections white as is the white star; the other one is stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black. For the faux stitching, I used a white Gelly Roll pen and black Copic Multi Liner. The embossing folders are Plaid by Darice and Diamond Plate by Cuttlebug. The brown and black layers are popped.

 
What a fun and amazing Virtual Card Making Party this has been to kick off OWH's birthday month. I hope you all had as much fun as I did!




3 comments:

  1. What a great collection of cards! And, adorable is the perfect word to describe those little penguins. :) I love the paper piecing and how the little scarves flow right out of their squares.

    Your card is sure to bring a HUGE smile to two little ones" faces! Thanks so much for playing along this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're cards are wonderful - especially like the penguins! ~Lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in on my Fall challenge. Your papers are very pretty and will be so appreciated by a loved one from one of our Heroes.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!