Monday, March 19, 2012

S&S Sketches 17, 18, 19, 20

I had fun today working on some more S&S sketches. Today I have four for you. The first one is sketch 17. I used the Sizzix Hearts EF. On the small piece, I inked the folder before I used it and cut out the hearts with Nesties. All of the papers come from my stash. The black dots are Pearl Pen.


Next is sketch 18. The stamp is Earth Flowers from Hero Arts and colored with Tombow markers before I stamped it. I saw the technique about two years ago and it popped into my head for this sketch. It's the first time I've tried it and I really like how it turned out. The purple paper has a slight metallic sheen to it and I added the pink bling to finish it off.


For sketch 19, I could hear my monkey stickers from The Paper Studio calling out to be used. I picked this one and sure enough, he looks happy with the hearts. Again, I used Sizzix Hearts EF and some Pearl Pen for accents. The smile stamp is from Magenta, ribbon and papers from my stash. I like how this can be used as an adult or kid, male or female card.


Last, but not least, sketch 20. I found these papers while digging through one of my drawers. I had totally forgotten about them. I believe they're from DCWV. The stamp is Fiskars and dots are Pearl Pen. I love the metallic look of the paper.


Here is one extra picture. People have been talking about how they store their ribbon. This is how I do it. I cut out 3x5 pieces of thin cardboard, from cereal boxes, granola bar boxes, etc. I tried 3x5 cards, but they were too thin. I wrap the ribbon around them and sometimes use a glue dot to secure the end. This makes it easy to see what colors and patterns I have. It also shows me I don't need any white ribbon for awhile! It takes up a lot less space than having all of those spools and it's easy to see how much I have left of a particular ribbon. I hate it when you pull ribbon off a spool only to discover you only have three or four inches.


How do you store your ribbon?

Smiling because I can,
Cherie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!