Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Has Sprung! (and S&S Sketches 13 & 14)

Crafty Contagion is challenging us to make a spring card over the next two weeks. We've had snow here and 60 degree weather in the last week or so, so I'm more than ready for spring! For my card, I used S&S sketch 14:


The image is Rainy Day Ruby from Sparkle Creations that I got when I took a Copics class but never had a chance to color. I think it's the perfect "spring" stamp considering the weather in WA this time of the year. The sentiment is from OWH Hero Arts All the Time set. I used white Gelly Roll pen to add the dots to her umbrella. The background was Cuttlebugged with Swiss Dots. All of the papers I already had.

I also finished S&S sketch 13. When I first saw this with a diagonal sentiment, my mind went blank. I'm more of a straight lines kind of person. But thankfully there was an example to give me some inspiration.


The letters are A Muse Graffiti alphabet with the Cuttlebug folder Floral Fantasy as the background.The floral paper is by DCWV. The flowers are Prima and I was happily surprised to see how well they went with the paper. I'm not sure where the flower brads came from. Again, I already had all the papers on hand. It's a bit over the top for me, but hubby assured me Mom cards should always be over the top lol.

Today is a busy day for me with a SU party at 10, my craft group and a friend's birthday party. But I'm looking forward to all of it!

Happy Saturday!
Cherie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!