Sunday, September 2, 2012

Let's Play!

It's time for your next challenge! Are you ready to play along? Let's get started!

My favorite sport has to be soccer. I played it for years growing up and the sport is finally gaining some popularity in the US. It's amazing how supportive people are of our local professional soccer team. Go Sounders!

So it made sense to use Soccer Ian from The Greeting Farm for this VCMP challenge of making a sports themed card. You can use any sport, of course, and there are a lot to choose from! I didn't realize how many images I had featuring sports until I went looking for little Ian. 


Coloring him with Copics was fun since it's been ages since my pens have seen any action. The DP is from a Recollections pack I recently picked up. The paper is thin, so I only use it for layering on top of good cardstock.
 
I used Nestabilities for the circles. I think they reflect the shape of the ball nicely, too. And speaking of the ball, I used Tulip Puffy Paint to add a bit of dimension to the ball. The hardest part is waiting for it to dry before using my heat tool to make it puffy lol. The baker's twine gives it a bit more texture. The happy birthday stamp is from Morning Star Stamps and I've had it for ages. Oh, this also follows sketch 74 on the Stars & Stamps blog.

I hope you're having fun playing along with the VCMP! And I've got some blog candy for you and two ways to win. I will give one to a random commenter and one to a random challenge card. One is a cute soccer themed stamp set and the other is a new 6x6 pad of Mistletoe Collection from Bo Bunny. You have until Monday, September 3, at 9pm Pacific time.



Have fun playing along and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Update: the blog candy winners will be chosen on Sunday, September 9, at 9pm Pacific time.

Cherie



37 comments:

  1. He is so cute. I have a little fisherman all colored and ready to go for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable Cherie. I have to see what I can find that is sports related, I'm sure I must have something. Thanks for the great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sports fan so this should be an easy challenge for me
    love your little soccer playing guy

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS. Ending the soccer season in time to start the holiday cards making season. would love to win this paper! Thanks for hosting and the blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another tough one for me! I'm going to be doing some real thorough searching through my stuff before I can start on this one! Thanks for making it interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great challenge. Sports card have to be a favorite of hero's children as well as some parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combination.... black and red is one of my favorites! Your card is adorable! I'll have to look for some sport theme stamps for this challenge. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some great holiday papers in this pad; would love to use up that pad. Sports cards are a definite great kid card, male and female, esp. soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the round theme of the ball throughout this card... such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable !!..really cute idea, and this will be fun : ) Thanks Cherie !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is adorable !!..really cute idea, and this will be fun : ) Thanks Cherie !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gread idea for this challenge...love your CAS soccer version!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gread idea for this challenge...love your CAS soccer version!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable soccer card and a great challenge too! Sports cards are great for kids of all ages and perfect for OWH boxes... I know some hero will love sending this one home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the fun challenge!! Your sample is waaaay too cute!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is SUPER cute - what a great idea to use puff paint on the ball! What a fun challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your curly-haired little soccer player was so cute, I had to go with a soccer player too! Great challenge, and I love your extra-cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The little guy is so cute and the puff paint on the ball is that little added spark to the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute--I like the puffy paint on the soccer ball!
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. sports was a bit of a challenge for me so I kept it kinda simple

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job on the card -- your coloring is so well done and the puffy paint is a nice way to add a little of that pizzazz!

    Thanks for the inspiration to dig into all that basketball stash I've been holding on to for years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful coloring on Ian! Football is really my fav...but your card inspired me to make a soccer card. Thanks for hosting a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great challenge! I struggled with the theme but then remembered my stash of Sally Foster wrapping paper samples. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great idea. I don't do sports very often so this made me get out some neglected stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for doing the challenge. I wasn't sure I had a stamp that would work but I found one I bought when my daughter was playing basketball and never used.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've never made a sport card before, this might be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have a few avid skaterboarders in the family. A folder in the back to school section at Shopko inspired the use of the plaid and silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That will make a great card for a teenager, Cherie! Thanks for hosting this challenge- it will be a good one for me because I rarely make sports cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was a great challenge Cherie. It's not the type of card I normally make. Thank you for making me think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great challenge! Though I have to admit I have very few sports-themed stamps... but it's always fun to be nudged into something new and different- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Cherie! Thanks for hosting this challenge. I love your card! The Greeting Farm soccer player is so cute - love how you colored him and I really really like the second circle layer matching the crosspiece. That looks fabulous! Hope you are enjoying our sunny weather!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Adorable image! love the colors you used in this card! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your soccer card! Soooo cute!!!! Thanks for this fabulous challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your little soccer guy is darling. Love his curly locks. Thanks for setting up this challenge. Thanks for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks very much for hosting this great challenge. Your soccer player is really cute and I love the texture on the soccer ball.

    sf_crafter

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great idea for a challenge and your card is so cute! Thanks for hosting and for supporting OWH.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you think...so leave me a comment below!